- Third largest car manufacturer in Germany with > 130 thousand employees worldwide
- Approx. 4.5 million registered vehicles in Germany
- The drivers of used cars are mostly unknown in this context
- Development and validation of a new aftersales product that serves as the first point of contact with previously unknown used car drivers.
- At least 100 pre-orders of this product from the test campaign in Ireland; roll-out to other EU countries after this.
Through interviews and online surveys with new and used car drivers as well as focus groups, 4 custom-fit MVPs for the aftersales product were developed in less than a month.
Previously unknown drivers of used cars were located and made approachable via direct mailing, telephony, social media & embedded chat, among others.
The distribution strategy was successfully tested in a market trial in Ireland. In a very short time, over 100 drivers pre-ordered the product and the project became the focus of the board.
Along the successful blueprint in Ireland, further countries were tested and the international rollout planned.
was able to show a success story after a few months and received recognition at board level.
comes into systematic contact with drivers of used cars for the first time and opens up a new business model with recurring revenues.
also receive premium services from the manufacturer for second-hand cars and can flexibly increase, reduce or cancel their package.
are pleased that new customers now regularly come to their dealership, whom they did not have to approach through their own marketing measures.
A study by Western University shows that face-to-face interaction is 34 times more effective than an email.